Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Come dance with us...

I tried to schedule this to post on November 2... but apparently I still struggle with the finer points of blogging... o_O

Posting it now, in memory of our cat, Phiphi, who passed away on November 3rd.

I think I've moved through most of the stages of grief a few times now, so I'm hoping healing can begin. Britt is struggling much more, since she and Phiphi had such a special bond... like in the Golden Compass.

We're both working hard to make sure that we don't tumble headlong into our respective abysses, and get stuck in depression, but it's hard... some days more than others.

I've had a few days where getting out of bed didn't really happen, but not many of those days. We're working hard to pick up the pieces and put them back together as best we can.

So even though Phiphi probably isn't dancing so much as curled up sleeping someplace toasty and warm with Kyo (the only cat he ever really liked, who passed away in 2008), this song makes me smile at possibilities someday, and cry because I can't have him here with us now.

*~*~*~*

Blessed Dia de los Muertos, my loves.

Like the celebrations this day, this song made me cry and smile... at the same time. It struck such a strong chord in me, it was like a physical blow. 

I'm off to visit with my beloved dead, but I wanted to share this with you. If you've read Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book, this might remind you of the Macabray...


 " ...Step and turn, and walk and stay,
  Now we dance the Macabray..."





Enjoy your special company today.

XOXO

10 comments:

  1. Lots of love to you and Britt.

    You're totally right, it makes me think of the Macabray! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of Phiphi. I hate to think about when the time comes for Lucy to go. I think I will cry for months when it happens.
    Great video! I love the appropriateness of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leeanna, and I hope that Lucy has many, many, many more years to terrorize you. ^_~

      XOXO

      Delete
  3. *hugs hugs hugs* I'm so sorry, sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We lost a beloved pet this year too, I still feel his loss! Sending love and sympathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Laura, and I'm so sorry you also lost a beloved fur babe. You have my love and sympathy as well. <3
      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Oh and that song/music video is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it made me really happy and really sad (and cry-y) all at the same time. I really hate when things make me cry... lol. <3

      Delete

Out with it!