Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Happy Wednesday!

I'm feeling pretty happy today... the sun is shining, my plants are growing nicely and I haven't seen a squirrel on my porch since my cat played whack-a-mole with the one that ran up the railing to sit next to her... no, I have no idea what that crazy rodent was thinking either. But it was funny as hell.

I've got a few things on my "To Do" list that need doing tonight, mostly homework for my online classes at Coursera, which you should totally go check out if you're into learning awesome stuff for free. From top universities from around the world. Seriously. This site is the definition of awesome. I'm currently taking an Intro to Forensics course from Nanyang Technological University in Singapore, a class on organic solar cells from the Technical University of Denmark and a programming class from the University of Michigan.

I've been looking into going to school for something computer science-ish, and computer forensics has piqued my interest (at the moment...), so I'm able to take classes related to things I'm interested in.

I also have quite an interest in alternative energy sources and permaculture... so I've been looking around to see what kind of degrees & jobs would let me study things along these lines and have skills once I graduated that would be employable. At this point in my life I need to make sure that what I choose to get a degree in will actually enhance my employability, so that I don't get stuck in another job like the one I'm working now... One that pays okay, but that I don't enjoy and has no room for growth.

I figure I'll be a life-long student, so my first step is getting a job that I'm passionate about, and then I'll keep going to school for all the other things that I find interesting along the way.

Anyways... I have holes to drill in some more gutters for my vertical gardening experiment and some more lettuce & spinach to plant. Once I get the gutters hung, I'll post some pictures. ^_^

Until then, I hope your week is treating you well, and if not, give it the finger & don't take any more crap. ^_~

Show you week who's boss. And then have an exceptionally fabulous night tonight & day tomorrow. Got it? Okay.

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. Hi! You won the giveaway of one of Vanessa's prints! Congratulations! : ) Please email me your full name and mailing information so I can forward that onto Vanessa. My email - kpassarette(at)yahoo(dot)com. Also, I will need to know which print you are selecting for her to send you. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathy! I'll email you straight away! Again, thanks for hosting such a lovely giveaway from one of my favorite artists and bloggers!!
      XOXO

      Delete

Out with it!