Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Today has been one of those days where nothing is going as planned. I thought I had until today to pay my rent, but apparently it was yesterday. You'd think that after living here for almost three years I’d know this by now... but apparently not. So one late fee later, at least my rent is paid.

I also forgot to pull out what I was going to make for dinner. More precisely, I still haven't quite gotten the hang of getting stuff into the crock pot before I head to work in the morning, or better yet before I go to bed at night, so that it'll be ready to go when I need it. This whole cooking dinner on days I get off at 1730 (instead of starting my work day about that time) is still taking some getting used to. I’ve been at it for exactly a month now, and it is getting easier... but I’m terribly glad it's only temporary and that I can go back to my usual “Creature of the Night” status as soon as my coworker gets back from maternity leave.

So for dinner tonight I looked in my freezer and around my kitchen for something that would be quick to make... and found the sack of potatoes and some frozen links of turkey sausage. So I opened up Google and typed in, “Recipes sausage potatoes” and got a nifty recipe for sausage potato bake. I even had all the ingredients and didn't have to resort to substitution... for once. Lolz...

So my sausage & potato bake is in the oven. And I just realized I forgot to put the timer on. Sigh.

I’m going to guess that it took me about 15 minutes to grab my laptop, pour myself a big glass of wine and type what I’ve got so far... so 20 more minutes until dinner.

I still haven't managed to figure out how to work time for the things I need/want to do into my new schedule. It seems like I come home, cook dinner, clean/do dishes and maybe shower, and then it's time for me to go to bed so I can be at work at 0700. I feel pretty sure that there are at least 30 minutes in there somewhere that I can devote to myself, I just can't seem to find them at the moment.

The past few days have been COLD. At least for Bellingham. Today the thermometer at the bank read 27 degrees... add to that the crazy wind and it is so, so cold... colder than usual for this time of year. It makes me wonder if all the people that have been predicting “The Worst Winter We've Had In Years” might actually be right this winter. I mean, if they say it every year, they'll eventually be right, right? Sure.

Anywhom... if you're interested at all in what I’m baking for dinner, I found the recipe here, and they, I do believe, got it from here. For some reason, mine isn't quite as pretty as their pictures... o_O

I’m off to drink more wine and maybe play with some of my art supplies. I hope everyone is staying warm!!!


XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like a schedule change to throw your entire like off kilter; I remember those days. I'm glad it's only temporary!

    xoxo to you Britt & the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! XOXO back to you, Joe & your furs too. ^-^ <3

      Delete

Out with it!