Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mid-morning Quickie

Good morning!

I've been sick as a dog for the past few days, but I'm finally better. Yay!

Nothing like stomach flu for a few days, depriving me of my coffee to make me even more grateful than usual for it this morning. ^-^



Me, with big ass jar of iced coffee. This is what a happy Annalee looks like... ^_~



So... on the To Do list today are some house cleaning things (as always... for some strange reason, my house is not self-cleaning... imagine that?)

Also, I've designated Wednesdays as "Kitty Maintenance Day". They get brushed throughout the week, but Wednesdays they get a super thorough brushing & their nails clipped if needed & a bath if needed. Yeah, unlike my house, my cats are self-cleaning, but sometimes they need a little help when they get into something... like the cupboards... and tear open the bag of coconut sugar... ahem.

Now for the super fun stuff. ^___^

I'm working on Britt's (belated because I was sick) Birthday cake. I was perusing Sweetapolita's blog when I found a picture of a fondant asparagus cake... and knew I had to make it for Britt... she's mad for asparagus. So I spent about three hours the other night making fondant asparagus... and I anticipate I'll spend about half as much time making the 50 to 60 tips I need to top the cake. So yes... I am making asparagus cake. Here's what they look like so far...



 I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to shade them, since I lack petal dust... and no stores around here sell it. We shall see... And I suppose the finished cake will get its own post. ^-^ So keep an eye out for that in the next few days.

Alrighty... my laundry is ready to be flipped & the rest of my To Do list is patiently waiting for me to hit the "Publish" button so I can attend to them...

I hope you're having a fabulous Wednesday and I hope your weather is nice enough to go play outside in. I'll be out on my porch later this afternoon transplanting the last few plants & then fussing & rearranging potted plants until everything is just right...

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Never came to visit much until now ... such a neat blog ... hi, from AB, Canada ... will visit more often ... please visit my blog as well, if you like ... Love, and blessed be, cat. (http://catsruledogsdroole.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I'm not the only iced coffee junkie around!! Glad you're feeling better!! ^__^

    Those asparagus look amazing!! You've got some great sculpting talent, m'dear. Can't wait to see it all done! xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iced Coffee in the Summer. It don't get much better than that. Also asparagus. I love me some of that shit.

    You sound happy : )

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!