Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, April 15, 2013

Restless

Tonight I am filled with a great restlessness...



A great need

An immense longing and desire

To just pack up and leave.





To take my sweetie and my cats,

A few necessities and just GO.

I have no idea where.

Anywhere but here, I guess.



I've been living in Whatcom County for twelve years. TWELVE.

I've never lived anywhere this long before...

I'm feeling stagnant. Smothered. Stuck.



I've got another year until I can apply to schools again... and then still no guarantee that I'll be accepted (I didn't get in this year...)

We're still planning to move to Portland this Fall. But our last day here just can't come soon enough.








I am consumed with my wanderlust...



Britt feels it too.

 Mine stems from never staying in one place very long (until now...)

Hers from never having been anywhere but here.



Two totally opposite causes...

...with the same exact effect.



An unquenchable wanderlust.


5 comments:

  1. I hope the lust is sated soon... that it can fill its belly with adventures, pictures, memories to snack on... until then, mind-travel and create discovery where you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the wanderlust too, something I've suffered from since I was mobile without the aid of my parents - aka, since I learned to drive at 16. Mine is more in line with Britt's than yours though, I lived in the same place for 27 years with just a brief break when I lived in Virginia for 9 months right after high school.

    I feel this great yearning to explore and get out there, to just get up and GO but at the same time, I long to set roots someplace too. It's very conflicting. I hated moving around so much in the past 6 years - first out of my parent's house in to our first apartment, then in to the apartment here in SC and then in to the house. I think the 800 mile move is what really did me in, but any time Joe mentions the possibility of moving again, I break down in to tears and say I'm not ready for that. But I DO want to get out there and hit the road too... maybe just not as a pack up all our worldly possessions and make a permanent switch, so much as a get a fur/house sitter, pack up the essentials and caravan/backpack around for a few weeks.

    So, I feel ya sister. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  3. “All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost.”
    ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

    “Nostalgia in reverse, the longing for yet another strange land, grew especially strong in spring.”
    ― Vladimir Nabokov, Mary

    And them something to share: http://thewanderlustproject.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's spring ... so you want to move on ... I understand, being partly gypsy ... are you? Lovely post ... blessed be ... Love, cat.

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!