Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, February 04, 2013

30 Days of Kitchen Witchery - Day 2

What makes a Kitchen Witch?

Ask 13 Witches what makes a Witch, and you'll get at least 13 different answers back. ^-^

That being said, I think that it's my intention, my mindfulness & my conscious awareness of what I'm doing & when, and also of what's going on around me that makes me a Kitchen Witch.

When I cook or bake, I'm not just combining ingredients together. I'm adding in intentions or energy for what I'm wanting that particular food to accomplish. I am fully aware in those moments, that whatever emotions and energy I'm putting out have the potential to influence those that consume the food I prepare.

So I'll find myself occasionally putting on the brakes if I'm cooking & not in a good frame of mind. I try and make sure that I'm not putting out anything that I wouldn't want to get from someone else. ^-^

I take a minute, re-frame, chill out, zen, whatever I need to do, so that when I go back, I'm adding positive things to my food.

Sometimes, though, I'll find myself in a less than pleasant mood & find that the very act of baking lifts my spirits. I also find that my bread or whatever I was making seems to taste extra good when I'm done. ^_~

In a nutshell, I think that when a person cooks or bakes with intent & purpose, they are, if they so choose to be called, a Kitchen Witch.

XOXO

1 comment:

Out with it!