Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Saturday, November 03, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Saturday, November 03, 2012

Outside my window...


It is windy & rainy. The plants on the porch rustle in the wind. Some, mostly the herbs, are still green, while most have turned brown & withered in the cold. The harvest was small, but we still got tomatoes which were delicious. 


I am thinking...


About my cat, Kyo. I'm always teary right around Halloween & Dia de los Muertos, as I tend to miss him especially much around this time. He was very much a Halloween kitty... Bright orange & fluffy... when he sat propped up against the couch or wall or whatever, his pluffy tummy could have been a pumpkin. ^-^


I am thankful...


To have spent the past nine years with the same wonderful womyn. Britt & I celebrated our 9th anniversary on Halloween. ^-^ It seems like we've been together forever, like there was nothing before her, yet it also seems like no time has passed at all. We've got tentative plans to have a wedding-ish ceremony on our 13th anniversary... but no concrete plans yet. ^-^


In the kitchen...


Sit the roses I got for Britt on the stove top. The last of the tomatoes sit in a dish next to them. They are so good, those home grown tomatoes. Nothing beats tomatoes you've grown yourself since Spring. I think that next year I'll get a couple more tomato plants so I'll have enough to make & can some spaghetti sauce.


I am wearing...


 Jeans & a stripped shirt. And the fuzzy Halloween slipper socks that I wear around the house. ^-^ I will never have enough Halloween socks... or undies for that matter. I figure if I buy several pairs of Halloween undies every year, in a few years I'll have enough to wear ONLY Halloween panties every day of the year... I find this prospect exciting.=P


I am creating...


A few things... I'm knitting a scarf for Britt. It's insanely bright & awesome. ^-^ I'm also finishing up a painting of a sugar skull... as soon as I finish the marigolds & give it a clear coat, it will be done. Yay! Soon I hope... I have the on-going yarn I'm spinning with my drop spindle as well.


I am going...


To Nebraska & Iowa in less than two weeks! My younger sister is having her first baby (the first baby on our side of the family), and she asked me to be her doula. Her super awesome hubby will be her main support (Josh gets a gold star from me for this...^_~) and I'll get to be the support for them both. I am really excited & feel very honored to be able to support them in one of the most special events in life.


I'll also be there over Thanksgiving, which will be the first with my family since they moved to Iowa from Washington in 2003. I'm thrilled to be able to cook for them... I hope they bring their second and third stomachs to dinner... they're going to need them. =D


I am wondering...


If anyone has any good ideas of how to get rid of fruit flies. The little bastards came to visit on some fruit I brought home from the store about a week ago... and even thought the fruit's gone, they're still hanging out. Gaaaaaaahhhhhh...


I am reading...


A Game of Thrones, Violin, Women Who Run With the Wolves, Herstory, & one of my doula books.

Usually I stick to one book at a time, but for some reason I've found myself neck deep in books. ^-^
I'm not complaining...

I am hoping...


That the muscle in my back that is giving me such grief starts feeling better soon. I must be sleeping funny, but this stupid muscle now feels like it's pinching a nerve that leads down my arm & another one that goes up my neck. Gah. Britt said she'd put some Tiger Balm on it tonight. I am leaning toward carving it out with a spoon, but I suppose I'll try her way first... o_O


I am looking forward to...


Going to the King Tut exhibit tomorrow! =D

We're taking Britt's parents to Seattle with us for her Dad's birthday. He loves anything that has to do with archaeology, Egypt, mummies, etc., so we figured this would be the perfect gift. ^-^
Plus it will get her parent's out of their house for a while. They're even more reclusive that we are... lolz...

I am learning...


How to knit! I've got the basics (knit & purl (perl?)) down, so I'm excited to learn some other stitches. ^-^

Now that I've got the hang of using two needles at a time, I feel very accomplished. I still find crocheting easier, but knitting is no longer something to be feared... XD

Around the house...


My lazy cats are sleeping & at least one of them is snoring... I love kitty snores... they're so cute. =3


I am pondering...


The rest of my dishes. I have almost all of them washed. I know, please don't have a heart attack. I'm too poor to pay your ER bill. But between my dishwasher & washing them by hand (plus having de-cluttered a bunch of them), I think I'm getting ahead of things.


A favorite quote for today...


"Clear the mechanism." Snagged from Kirsten over at One Tough Mother's post that quoted For the Love of the Game. I think that it's a perfect quote for someone like me who needs to occasionally just chill the fuck out & ground & center myself.


One of my favorite things...


Is spaghetti squash. Is is silly to be over the moon about a squash? I don't think so. Especially since it's given Britt & I an uber healthy alternative to pasta. Woo & hoo. =D


A few plans for the rest of the week:


Work, finish cleaning my apartment, get my bedroom cleaned & organized (a task that will probably take much longer than cleaning the rest of my apartment... @_@), get ready to head to Iowa for two weeks. 

A peek into my day...




Halloween slipper socks of awesome miichyness. 

Be sure to visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ to see all the other participants or to drop a note to our lovely hostess, Peggy. 

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!