Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Friday, November 02, 2012

November...

I can't believe another month has ended... and my favorite month at that.

Speaking of the end of October, sorry to anyone who was looking for a Halloween Party Post from me for Vanessa's 5th annual party. Life happened, as it occasionally does, and required my attentions elsewhere. Bleh.

But the good news is that Vash is feeling better, I'm feeling better & I think that Britt avoided getting sick as well. ^-^

I'm bummed I didn't get to show off the snazzy hat & shoes I've been working on, but I can always post a picture later. ^-^

I made some sugar skulls earlier in the night for my Dia de los Muertos celebration today. I ended up taking the ingredients from two different recipes, changing the amounts & then winging it... so we'll see how they turn out. ^-^

At the very least I'll take a few pictures after I decorate them, but before I try to move them. That way, if they crumble, I'll at least have some nice pictures. =P

It's always today that makes me regret the most how far flung my family is. How much of our history never got passed on to my parents' generation, and how even less has been passed on to mine.

I'm excited to hopefully get my photo album back from my mom when I go to visit in two weeks... She sent it to me, then needed to borrow it so she could make two more (one for each of my siblings) without having to try & remember who was who in all the photos... XD

I adore my mom. ^-^

I can't wait to see my family! I can't believe I'll be gone for two weeks though... and over Thanksgiving! This will be the first holiday I've spent with them in almost a decade... so I can't wait to cook for them. I'm gonna knock their socks off! =D

I only wish that Britt was able to come with me... but there was no way her job was going to give her two weeks (or even one...) off to come with. Sigh. And I think it would have been great for her to come, as I'm going because my little sister is having her first baby. It would have been really wonderful to have Britt there with me.

The last time I was gone for even almost this long was right after my family moved in 2003. I went to visit them for 12 days, over Christmas & New Year's. Britt & I had only been together for a little over two months. It was the worst 12 days possibly ever. I was so homesick, I cried every night. And since I hadn't come out to my family yet, I couldn't tell them why I was so homesick, when they thought I was "home" with them.

Yeesh...

Fortunately, things aren't like that anymore. ^-^ I'm sure I'll have a good time with my family, and I won't forget to bring my cell phone charger with me this time... so I'll be able to call & text Britt whenever. ^-^

Anywho... I'm rambling on (and on) when I really need to get to bed so I can get up & get to the graveyard at a decent time tomorrow. ^-^

I'll be bringing Auntie Mel a sugar skull made especially for her. <3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p">
Until next time...

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. i'm also looking forward to a visit home this holiday...my dad is 80 and on dialysis, so they can't visit me. it's the first time i'll be home for some of the holidays in 2 years. i hate working retail esp at xmas....so this year, since i'm barely working...we're going if at all possible!! i hope you have a great visit with your family!! and don't forget that phone charger!!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!