Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, October 07, 2012

Le Mysterieux Carnival

It's time! The gates are open & visitors are being welcomed into Le Mysterieux Carnival. Come with me!!!

Just through the graveyard...


With her stones dark...


...and grey...


There is a path.


That will lead you to a wood where the spirits linger...


If you travel through that wood for a bit, you will find another path...


And if you walk for a bit longer...


And a bit further...


You will find a place that started out, long ago, for the living...


But has now become a place where the dead can ease into their new existence. 


But once a year, for one night in October, the living are invited to come mingle (if they dare) with those whose physical bodies no longer burden them.

So... come with me into the Haunted Wood?

Come join in the merriment this special night? For this night alone, we are promised safe passage in (and then out again)

As long as we keep our silver tickets in hand...


Look at this exotic beauty... she dances as if she's made of serpents...


And if we give the Lady Luna a visit, she'll tell our fortunes. Ask her a question... her cards never lie...


And the resident siamese twins... they're musically inclined...


The Captain is a fan of fire...


...and stilts.


Last, but not least, Ursula, the Mustachioed Lady. A great beauty... 


Time's running short... we need to be back out the gates by midnight... 



or else our tickets expire & we become a... permanent... addition to the carnival. We'd best be off!

XOXO


Many thanks to our wonderful hostesses Anna & Marfi! Make sure you've stopped at their carnivals over at Frosted Petunias & Incipient Wings!



*NOTE* For any pics that aren't mine, I've linked back to where I found them. If they are yours & you'd like me to take them down, please let me know & I'll promptly remove them. No copyright infringement intended. ^-^

10 comments:

  1. Mysterious indeed! And -- I love "your" mustache. :)

    Maybe you want to come over to my carnival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so worried we would not make it out in time! But I was having so much fun I did not want to leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the mysterious journey - very cool silver ticket, too! :-)

    http://www.moonlyf.com/2012/10/le-mysterieux-carnival.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Enchanting carnival! Love your photography, and I will slip out the gates before midnight.....the carnival doesn't want me!!! *giggles*

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your photos are great! Especially the mustachiod lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images, love them all. Thanks for the tour.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad I finally made it over here! What a wonderfully eerie carnival tale. I loved walking through the graveyard and down the wooded path to the carnival. Love your silver ticket and collection of performers. I think the mustachioed lady is my favorite! Thank you so much for coming and sharing :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful!
    Love love love the Siamese twins! Evelyn Evelyn !!
    Thank you for such a fun post!!!and for participating!!!
    Hope your week is spooky:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post!
    please come visit my booth:

    http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/2012/10/le-mysterieux-carnival-psychic-palate.html

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I love to dance with the dead. What a wonderfully haunted and magical carnival. I didnt even need a date because a haunt was always willing to join me on the rides. I better skedaddle before I have a permanent date.
    I am running a little late for my party but I would love for you to visit.

    http://candydelane.typepad.com/curiosities/2012/10/carnivale-de-curiosite.html

    Wishes and Whimsy
    Wendy from Wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!