Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Simple Womyn's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Sunday, March 18th, 2012

Outside my window... It's still a grey day, but at least it's not raining. ^-^ This will make it a better day indeed.

I am thinking... About a million things. My jobs, moving, bills, things I have to get done before I go back to my night job...

I am thankful... That Britt's graduating tomorrow! =D After all her hard work, crazy expectations & equally crazy teachers, she's done with her Practical Nursing and will have her pinning ceremony tomorrow. YAY!!! I'm so proud, I could explode. <3

In the kitchen... There's (bagged) potting soil on the counter. I need to transplant my African Violet today & the two little mystery sprout that sprouted after I transplanted my sweet potato. I have no idea what they are. 

I am wearing... My silky red bathrobe & Halloween print undies. I have A LOT of Halloween print undies... =D

I am creating... Nothing at the moment. I feel so busy, so like I'm caught in a whirlwind, that I need to just sit my ass down & work with my drop spindle for a while. Nothing relaxes me like spinning yarn. 

I am going... Crazy... no wait, already there. Really, I'm going to the thrift store(s) today to find a pair of black pants for my day job at the Shell station. I also need to go grocery shopping & pay a few bills. 

I am wondering... How I'm going to manage my two jobs & still have time for myself & time for my sweety. I haven't figured this out yet. On the bright side, this day job I now have will only be until we move. Then it'll be back to one job, as I'll be in school. But then how will I find time for myself & time for my sweety? Um, hmmm...

I am reading... Beauty Queens by Libba Bray. It's all kinds of awesome. It's a great social commentary on expectations of girls & women, media, etc. Totally worth a read. =D

I am hoping... That I find a way to balance my life. I thought I had it almost in hand, but then I got this new job & things are on their ear again. 

I am looking forward to... Having a schedule I can look at, so I can plan time to care for my house, my relationship & myself. As of right now, I know I go back to work at the hospital on Wednesday night for seven nights, and that I work Monday at the Shell, but I have no Shell schedule yet. It's making me crazy. 

I am learning... All the different kinds of cigarettes & cheap alcohol that the Shell sells. OMFG. I've made a diagram of the cigarette display so I can learn where everything is. As a non-smoker, I'm totally lost here. There are SO MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF CIGARETTES. @_@

Around the house... The cats are wrestling (Lhu & Vash), Phiphi's sitting in front of the heater & trying to cook himself, Macha's glaring at everyone from the highest point in the cat condo. Britt & I are on our laptops. Laundry's washing... My toes are getting run over by stampeding cats... ouch. 

I am pondering... The order of my errands today. 

A favorite quote for today... "Our truest life is when in dreams, we are awake." ~ Henry David Thoreau

One of my favorite things... is seeing all the plants on my porch sprouting new bits of green after being brown all Winter.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Work, go to Britt's graduation, work some more. Sleep? o_O 
This will really all depend on what days this week I'll be at the Shell.

A peek into my day... Coffee drinking this morning. Oh wait... it's afternoon. Huh. Well then, coffee drinking this afternoon, grocery shopping, looking for a pair of black pants, some house cleaning (for once it's kinda mostly clean), yarn spinning, cat snuggling, book reading, more coffee drinking, dinner making... Hm. Maybe some other stuff too... the sun's coming out. Maybe I'll go play on the porch for a bit. ^-^

This is what a Sweet Potato looks like in a pot. ^-^ 
Mine's a bit bigger, and has started to lean. They get really viney, so I'll be figuring out how to support the vines here in the immediate future. I got the idea from the book Garden Anywhere. Awesome book, especially if you've not got a lot of space to garden, or are gardening in containers. ^-^

I'm hoping I'll be able to spend at least a few hours online every week, catching up on blogs & poking all of you wonderful people. But if I disappear for a while again, at least it will be because I'm working too much instead of being depressed. ^-^ 

Everyone have a marvelous week. I hope no one's suffering too much from any partying they did last night... =P

As always, head over HERE to read all the other daybook entries, and say Hi to our lovely hostess, Peggy. ^-^

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a marvelous week, too! Congratulations to Britt! Yay!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!