Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Simple Womyn's Daybook

FOR TODAY, Sunday, December 25th, 2011

Outside my window... The wind is blowing madly. I haven't checked the weather yet, but I have a feeling we're in for a bit of a storm. This is one of my favorite kinds of weather though... I can feel the power carried on the wind, eddying about.

I am thinking... About not a lot at the moment. ^-^ Just relaxing here, while my pie bakes. It's so nice to just be calm & content & feel relaxed. I don't have a lot of moments like this, so I am enjoying this to the fullest. ^-^

I am thankful... For my family, friends & kitties. They make my life brighter & warmer.

In the kitchen... My second apple pie is baking. I made cookies last night for our Occupy Bellingham camp (figured they could use some holiday cheer, with the weather we have here ^_~), made a pie for one of the ladies I work with & am now baking the one we'll eat for dessert this afternoon.

I am wearing... My purple slippers & a silky robe. Wishing my robe was longer... warmer. May go trade in the robe for my footy pajamas...

I am creating... Holiday cards... yeah, I know. I'm late, as per usual. Lolz... I'm also going to start a cross stitch based on a pic I saw online. I think I'll probably bring that with me to the in-laws' this afternoon.

I am going... to Britt's parents' house this afternoon, and then to a family friend's house this evening.

I am wondering... if we're gonna get snow, or if it's just going to be rainy & windy.

I am reading... The House of Dark Shadows by Robert Liparulo. I thought it was a one shot story, only to realize it's a series. YAY!!! =D

I am hoping... my heater isn't broken... I accidentally tripped on the cats' water dish last night, kicked it toward the heater (which sits on the kitchen floor) and soaked my leg, both of Britt's legs & the whole damn heater... yeesh. That was about 8 hrs ago, and it still won't turn on, despite my not being able to find any trace of water in it. Le sigh...

I am looking forward to... getting my info packet from the Oregon Culinary Institute. We may be heading to Portland after Britt graduates in March, so I can attend school there. I'm excited & utterly terrified. Mostly excited. ^-^

I am hearing... the WIND. @_@ Holy bloomers, Batman, it's really gusting out there. Just got a call from Britt's folks that their power is out. Lolz... Puget Power usually gets it turned back on pretty quickly though. Car alarms keep going off as branches bonk them or huge wind gusts rock them. The dumpster lid at the apartment complex next door keeps getting blown open (BAM!) and shut (KABAM!!!). My bamboo wind chimes are clacking like mad. I kept hearing my wreath smack against the front door, so I nabbed it & hung it inside. Just until the wind blows over. ^-^

Around the house... it's a bit of a mess, but that's pretty par for the course around here. ^-^ We did some good cleaning & scrubbing yesterday, but there's always at least one art project going on here. We've decided that our place is part office, part art studio, part tacky 70's hotel room... lolz. The office & art studio are from us, the 70's hotel room is just the way this place is built. XD

I am pondering... what it will be like to go to school for something I'm interested in & love. I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around it. I'm so excited & so nervous... But Britt's being so wonderful & totally supportive. When I mentioned that I was interested in this school, she immediately jumped online to look at job opportunities for her in the area. She said we will go wherever I want for school. I love that my sweety is so supportive & wonderful. ^-^

One of my favorite things... is the "Poor college student mocha"... Because I'm using candy cane hot cocoa, I get a Poor college student peppermint mocha. Oooo... Aaaahhhh... W00t.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Finish up holiday cards!!! Mail them! Read my book, cross stitch, snuggle my kitties & buy some candy canes (because I forgot again yesterday... @_@)

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...






Lovelovelove Simon's Cat... =3

Happy holidays my lovelies. I hope everyone is having a marvelous day. ^-^

XOXO

hosted by The Simple Woman's Daybook

2 comments:

  1. Love that you made cookies for the Occupy camp... how nice! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays to you as well. I'm sure you will be great in culinary school. sounds like you are moving forward at a lovely pace with your beautiful Britt. I am very happy for you both.

    Love and Hugs, V.

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!