Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, November 03, 2011

The Simply Woman's Daybook

For today, November 3rd, 2011

Outside my window... Is me. I'm spending as much time on my porch as possible, even though it's chilly. Macha's out here with me, on her leash (just in case she takes a leap off the porch, I'll be able to reel her back in. Goddess forbid @_@) The sun is shining & there's only a few fluffy, white clouds here & there. It's so beautiful! the leaves on the trees are turning gold & orange & red. It smells crisp and clean and wonderful.

I am thinking... about a lot of things. About webs. About connections between people, places, all kinds of things. About words as webs, connecting all of us together online. Even the name, World Wide Web... very apt. About The Queen of Wands by Judy Grahn. I'm in love with her words.

I've also been thinking about personal relationships, and wishing I lived closer to my online friends & witchy sisters. I've read several posts or comments lately along these lines, and it seems as if we're all wishing our far flung webs of wonderful witchy wise women was not quite so far flung... ^-^

I am thankful... For this change in seasons. I love Spring & Summer for all that they bring, but Autumn is the season of my soul. Now through the Winter, I feel most at home. It's true, I hate being cold. But these seasons of introspection, planning, death & rebirth very much speak to me.

In the kitchen... I'm almost caught up on my dishes. ^-^ There's a load of laundry just about finished in the dryer (it just buzzed now), so another load is about to go in. I'm feeling very much like cleaning today, so I might just get everything accomplished that I've been trying to for the past few days.

I am wearing... A mishmash of warm fuzzy things... The awesome purple, red & white slippers my mom got me for Christmas last year, green & white plaid flannel pj pants that Britt's had longer than she's known me... my red, grey & black plaid flannel shirt underneath a sweatshirt & the fingerless gloves Jude (who I work with) knit for me last year. I'm a riot of flannel & color, but I'm warm. ^-^

I am creating... yarn at the moment. I've been doing a lot of spinning on my drop spindle lately. I'm spinning a blend of Merino, dyed dark blues & black. It reminds me of Winter, midnight & frozen lakes.

I am going... Nowhere today, and am thrilled. I'm going to clean & clean & then perhaps bake some bread.

I am wondering... what kind of Winter we'll have this year. I need to invest in good snow boots, as my main mode of transportation is my feet. I'm looking forward to walking in the snow... ^-^

I am reading... Everything I can find on my ancestors. I realized a few weeks ago that just because my immediate ancestors were very Christian, there were ancestors before them who weren't. So I've been researching what the Netherlands were like before the Romans & the priests came calling.

I am hoping... that I'll someday be able to find the missing parts of my family tree. My paternal great grandfather is just a name to us, as my great grandmother wasn't allowed to marry him (even though she was knocked up) because he wasn't Dutch. I know his name (Albert Lewis), but that's it...

I am looking forward to... Thanksgiving & the Winter holidays. I'm going to start early this year on my present making, so I can get my shit done. =D

I am hearing... traffic & the wind blowing through the leaves on the trees. Also hearing the kitties rampaging about the house... o_O

Around the house... There are kitties marauding & things that need cleaning. I am, however, not going anywhere near Britt's desk & her nursing school shit. @_@ She totally needs a room dedicated to her nursing stuff. Yeesh...

I am pondering... what I want to do with myself. I'd kind of settled on nursing, as nothing else was tickling my fancy. Nursing is a steady career, with almost guaranteed jobs. But my heart's not really in it. I know there would be things I'd enjoy, things I could be passionate about. But watching Britt go through school, seeing all the horizontal violence from instructors to students, nursing staff to students, students to students & working with nurses at the hospital already, I'm wanting to be an RN less & less.

It's kind of funny, but I've been thinking about the Culinary Arts program. Britt mentioned to me a few weeks ago that she's been wondering if I'd ever considered that program as well. We were both thinking about it at the same time. I love being connected at the brain stem with her. ^_~

So I'm giving it consideration. I would love to have my own little catering business... to have a bakery... to do something I love.

One of my favorite things... Is apple cider & candy cane hot cocoa (not together). Oh yes. And Chai-nog. I cannot LIVE without chai-nog during the Fall & Winter. ^-^

A few plans for the rest of the week: Make the most of my last two days off! I go back to work on Saturday for four days, then am off again for seven. I love working seven on, seven off... when I take a few days off in addition to my schedule, it's like having a vacation! =D

Also... need to check in with my lil bro to see if he's still coming to visit this month... I hope he is! ^-^


Make sure to visit http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/ for all the other lovely ladies' posts. ^-^

4 comments:

  1. such a lovely post this is! :) if your heart isn't into nursing wholey, burnout comes quickly. go with culinary, just be prepared to think out of the box when looking for work. besides, can you fit 2 sets of nursing stuff into your house? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ejoyed this post. it was a wonderful view into your life,. Thank you for sharing. I hope you find the career that is right for you.

    Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firt off, happy belated anniversary! You girls are SO lucky to have each other and such a wonderful love you share..and you are both so beautiful! Second..my mind has been wandering as yours has. Am preparing for winter as well...wondering as well what the Northwest has to bring us. You're in Bellingham? Are yu anywhere near Renton? One of my best friend's moved up there and I go up there from time to time on the train. If you're near, we need to meet up when I'm there!! Thanks for coming by and visiting me while I've been away..oh and your kind, kind words. I missed everyone in blog-land!! I will definitely be absent LESS. :)

    Lots of hugs and blessings!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't visited your blog before but I will definitely be back! I hopped over after doing a Daybook entry today and I'm intrigued to know more about you and how you get on with learning more about your ancestors' history.

    Best wishes to you from England :)

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!