Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Greetings!

Holy wow... I can't believe it's already almost half-way through October! Where does the time go? Probably the same place half a pair of socks goes when washed...

Anywho...

It's been an interesting couple of weeks. Britt started her second quarter of nursing school & unfortunately has a terrible instructor. The woman takes pleasure in making people miserable. I am both extremely sad for this horrid woman & extremely angry at how she treats people. Britt's hanging in there (sort of), but she feels like she's about to crack. I help her in whatever ways I can, but short of literally creating more hours in the day, there's not much I can do. I'm worried not only about Britt, but also her classmates, all of whom are suffering ill effects from this class & its instructor.

If you feel so inclined, send some positive energy to my sweety & her classmates... they can use all the help they can get. ^-^

In other news... I've been playing out in the garden & on the porch with my plants there when it's not raining too hard. Our tomatoes on the porch gave us their first round of bright red cherry tomatoes... They were so good, I can't wait for the next batch to ripen! Our big tomato plant of an unknown kind has also produced several lovely tomatoes, two of which are ripening nicely, and should be ready in the next few days. I am so excited I might pop!

There's a few craft project ideas I've got knocking about in my head, and I think I'm going to start making scarves & lap quilts to donate to the infusion clinic at the hospital. I've got a mixed media project I want to start working on, and I've been baking more bread again. ^-^

Last night I made rye bread... and learned that it takes a LONG time to rise & proof... @_@

I didn't get to bed until 0330 & then had to get up at 0500 to go to work, as I'm working day shift today... ick...

I've been doodling in my art journals & generally trying to enjoy my self. I've come to the realization that life is far too short to be depressed & cranky. ^_~

Every day that I work, I walk the two miles from my house to the hospital. It's one of my favorite times in my day. ^-^

I get anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour (if I'm walking really slowly) to just zen & enjoy being outside. Even if it's raining I love my walk. I leave my house about 2145 & it's a gorgeous walk beneath the moon & stars. The other night I was treated to a coyote singing to me the last mile or so... I think she was singing just for me... ^-^

My favorite part of the walk is the last half. I leave behind most of the stores & businesses & whatnot & am surrounded by trees & blackberry bushes. Can you recall the smell of blackberry bushes after they've baked in the sun all day? Or the warm-yet-cool scent of trees & moss & bushes freshly kissed by the rain? I'm one lucky duck, getting to smell these things whenever I go to work.

I get to hear crickets & frogs... owls too if I'm lucky. I smell the fields that lie to the right of the road & sometimes a smell that reminds me of horses. I feel the wind caress & tug at my hair, and the moon & stars shine down on me. I love it all & have never been so happy to have gotten rid of our car. I don't want to ever have to own one again. ^-^

Well then... I'm off to warm up the soup I took with me for lunch & perhaps read a bit...

Hoping you're having a most wonderful day!

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. You really are one lucky duck! Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get to the point where we can go without a car; Joe can get by as he only works 3 miles from home but I work 12 and it's all highway, so walking or bike riding isn't possible. And there is no such thing as mass transit around here. I'm happy that you're getting on so well without the car and seriously? That coyote was all for you. :)

    Sending Britt and her classmates some positive vibes and sending a mental kick in the ass to their instructor. What a horrid bitch! Also, *hugs* to all of you! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive thoughts going out to your sweety and her classmates.

    I love walking as well. I walk my daughters to and from school everyday, even in the rain, which it is doing today.

    Blessings, V.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your walk sounds lovely! poor britt...nursing school is hard enough without that misery...hope the instructor gets better, or britt just develops rhino-skin :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post, and yes, positive energy heading out for your Britt and her classmates. Crappy instructors really take the joy out of learning.

    I loved reading about your walks and being serenaded by a coyote? Oh, bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your idea of donating quilts. What a beautiful way to volunteer your time.

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!