Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Almost time...

Where did October go? @_@

One minute it's the 1st, now it's the 22nd... I'm just hoping that the last bit of this month creeps by verrrrry slowly.

Autumn in favorite time of the year. The air gets crisp & cool (if not downright cold sometimes), the leaves explode into fiery brilliance, the squirrels rush around like mad, stashing nuts in every concievable place.

Autumn is also right about the time I stop blogging, crafting or doing much of anything, really. I feel like I withdraw into myself, like one of the snails I see as I walk to work every night. I feel a deep desire, a yearning to go to the woods, bury myself beneath the leaves & dirt & sleep for a long while. I find myself daydreaming about sinking into the Earth, lying there with the soil, the bugs & whatever else, perhaps wrapped in tree roots, being held close in the comforting warmth & coolness that earth can be, both at once.

Last year, this lasted through the Winter holidays, and then I "woke up" a bit for the Summer, but now I'm back to the sleepy feeing. That need to hibernate. Perhaps I was a bear in a past life...

I don't want to feel this way all the time though. One of the cards I pulled the other day was the 8 of Cups (I think). It shows introspection, to the point of shutting everything & everyone out. It recognises the need for self examination, but also cautions against focusing only on what's inside of us, and ignoring all the things & people around us, who also help make us, us.

Soooooo... I'm trying very hard to poke my head out of my snail shell. I'm finding this really hard. I don't want to come out, but I'm not accomplishing anything (not even self satisfaction) by staying in here. There are so many things I want to do & people I want to go see (namely my sis in law & nephew).

I'm hoping that not working as many extra shifts this coming month will help as well. By the time I'm done with my 7 days on, one day off, one day on, four days off, eight days on, I'm so sick of people, I just want to hide in my house, prefferably in my bed with a book.

Next month I'm planning on working only two extra shifts a pay period, at four hours each. These two four hour shifts will be tacked onto my Saturday & Sunday nights, so I'll be working 7pm to 7am. Which isn't terrible, as long as I only do two or three in a row like that. ^-^

Anywho. I must get back to work, but I'm hoping to be around more often. I love to blog & read your blogs, so I hopefully will pop back in soon & get caught up on what's going on in our neck of the woods. ^-^

Until then, I hope everyone's been doing well & you're having a blast getting ready for the best holiday of the year... =D

XOXO

2 comments:

  1. September went fast, too! Strange days. Thanks for the cool place to visit, here! Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe how quickly this month has gone... wait, let me rephrase that, how quickly this YEAR has gone. Hibernating in winter sounds positively lovely right now, but I'd need to get paid for it. :) I hope you don't work yourself too hard so you can get time to enjoy the season. It's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!