Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, July 18, 2011

Blank

That would be how I'm feeling. I want to work in my art journals or on a doll or on the pumpkins I'm eternally felting, but it's as if my spark of oomph has just up & disappeared... and I don't know where to find it.

After vowing not to let my kitchen get out of control messy ever again, it is overflowing with dishes & things that got set on counters but don't belong there.

There are a bunch of things I want to be doing, but it's as if I've lost my will to do much of anything. I was feeling so good the past three weeks, I have no idea what happened. I even seem to have lost my oomph for blogging. I want to blog. I usually love it & enjoy it so much, but I feel like my mind's a blank for art or creativity of any kind.

Perhaps I'm in need of some inspiration, to find something or someone to re-light the spark of my creative drive, as I am seemingly incapable at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. You've got Summer Brain! Embrace the sloth in you....go on over to my blog and know you in fact are not alone : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, I have been there, m'dear, and it's not a fun place. It does end, but for now you need to figure out what it is you want, REALLY want to do at the moment.

    For me, it was taking a break from everything on my list. Everything. Blogging, writing, editing, paper-crafts, anything that was creative based got set aside, and here's the most important part, there could be NO GUILT about it. None. Let it go. I could think about it, but if it felt like work, I would leave it alone and not fret over it. I ended up playing a lot of computer games, going for long walks, and having lovely conversations with strangers. I relaxed.

    The spark didn't come back quickly, or even all of a sudden. It flickered and teased until my heart and mind were ready.

    Sometimes we fan the flames of creativity so hard, they blow out. Relax, this may be your muse trying to tell you something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly dear? I think this is a bug of some sort that's going around. I've been hit and I know several others have as well. I hope we all manage to claw our way out of this funk soon. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much for your help with hair and makeup (and underwear selection)!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!