Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More mutterings from the Staffing office...

Holy wow... we had such a gorgeous Midsummer yesterday! I am still in awe... I can't remember the last time we actually had SUN on the Summer solstice... It was awesome. ^-^

So I got rid of my cell phone today... and have saved us $40 a month. W00t. I'm ridiculously ecstatic & terrified at the same time. I only vaguely remember not having a cell phone... And once I started texting? It became my main mode of communication. But in an effort to drastically simplify our lives & decrease our massive amount of bills, we're cutting out things we can live without for now. I fully intend to get a cell phone again. But not until I've managed to climb out of debt. The thing I'm most missing? Being able to tweet via my phone... I'm such a dork... o_O But that's how I was able to keep in touch with some of my friends & able to have multiway conversations easily. I'll still tweet a ridiculous amount from my computer, I'm sure, but it's still weird not having my phone to use for this. Lolz...

My, oh my... how reliant & dependent I've become on the tech around me... Eek...

But overall I feel good about my decision to cut my phone & feel freer than I have in a while. ^-^

Well then... I'm off to finish poking through recipes for the Tea Party... Which is FRIDAY...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh...

ahem.

Anywho... Back to trying to organize. Have a lovely day my sweets! =D

XOXO

6 comments:

  1. Have a peaceful day. You may not miss that phone at all after awhile!
    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's so responsible and honorable that your grabbing your debt by the balls and taking action to reduce it. Too bad more people don't act like that instead of hiding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish I could go sans cell! Enjoy the peace. I have recently learned the value of not getting a phone call in the middle of everything! But you know how they say the grass is always greener! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will probably come to love not having a cell phone. I don't have one, but I have in the past. Personally I only need one when traveling, and so a pre-paid one works great. Otherwise I prefer life without one. I absolutely hate them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you know there are like a bazillion sci-fi/ horror books/movies/ general fiction based around our reliance on technology.
    It's kinda scare sometimes how reliant we are on technology really.
    So congratz on sticking it to the digital man! And I totally understand simplifying bills, the hubster and I are doing the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Sun! It was glorious. Right now I'm on my deck squinting to see my computer screen because lo and behold it came back!! Hope it sticks around. (although I'm already insanely excited for fall, there may be something wrong with me...) Best of luck living cell-less. I have thought about trying it on and off, but we haven't had a land line in nearly a decade so I feel like I would have a hard time getting rid of it...
    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!