Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, May 16, 2011

Playing in the DIRT... ^-^

Today Britt & I went to the Community Garden, picked our plot & filled it with dirt. It took us about an hour and a half to haul the dirt via wheelbarrow from the giant pile to our bed. Woohoo for exercise! =D

We then planted our squash, as the poor things needed to get into the ground & we needed to plant something to mark the bed as ours. Tomorrow we'll plant the rest of our garden, as we ran out of day light today... ^-^

I'll be hunting through the woods for good sticks to use to make trellises for our beans & peas in the morning, then as soon as Britt gets home from school we'll head over & plant our goodies! =D

I'm super excited & terribly happy that we're finally able to get things going... I was beginning to worry we'd be out of planting season by the time everything was finished... 0_O

But it's all working out nicely, and if I'm feeling energetic in the morning, perhaps I'll fill some more beds with dirt... perhaps...

Alrighty then... Back to my Guinness... so bitter... but strangely good too... Hope y'all have a lovely night & I promise pictures & a new garden post in the near future. ^-^

XOXO

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the garden,it's been too cold here to plant anything and frost again last night !! Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome to have a community garden! Good luck with all your little seedlings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha! I got you on the Guinness didn't I? It is strangely good, in a delicious sort of way. ;-)
    Glad things are coming along in the garden for you, our seeds have turned into wee plants and I need to build a trellis of sticks and string for my peas and cucumbers, they'll be needing them soon.

    Thank you for your lovely comment on my bunny post. In a way, I feel good that I can be calm in the face of others grief but at the same time I sometimes feel like a royal asshat for it as well, because I don't honestly know how comforted some people are by stoic calm and handling of the situation. I know personally, I'm glad when I'm wallowing in misery and grief to have someone with their head screwed on straight to help me move forward.

    That being said, I'm super interested in hearing more about this death midwifery you've talked about. I've never heard anyone refer to it as such before and I think it's a noble and beautiful gift that you have and are willing to share with others in times of need.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, gardening sounds wonderful! It is still a little too cold here to plant our things outside, but my roommate's got tons of seedlings started in little pots and egg cartons in the house. Also, have you ever tried a Guinness float? Yes, it's Guinness with icecream. It sounds disgusting, but it, too, is strangely good :)

    Thank you so much for your kind words. You are such a sweet heart! I'm still struggling, which is why it took me this long to get back to you. But it makes me feel very comforted to know that there are wonderful people out there like you, who can care about another's pain even if you've never actually met that person. So thank you for giving me that hope and comfort, and I hope I can continue doing the same for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're drinking Guinness?! Tis good for you, you know. Really, it's full of iron. Doctors here actually recommend it for pregnant women! Anyway, the gardening sounds like fun. Looking forward to pictorial updates!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!