Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Plants!

So this is gonna be a pic heavy post. Yay! =D
I've been part of the planning committee for the new Community Garden that one of the local churches is building. Faith Lutheran has the space & wanted to do something for our neighborhood, so they decided to put in a garden. My friend Lauren's dad (Joe) called me up a few months back, asking if I'd be interested in helping out. They need community members who are not part of the church to sit on the board. I was ridiculously happy to participate! I'd been dreaming about a community garden for a while, but had no idea how I would go about starting one. Ask & you shall receive... And I'm thrilled. It's as if the universe looked into my heart & gave me exactly what I'd been longing for. I am feeling very loved. ^-^
So! We've been planning & digging & building for the past two or so weeks, and finally have most of the fence up. On Saturday we'll be building the raised beds, and hopefully either then or Sunday I'll be able to plant. My starts are getting impatient to get into the ground! @_@
So here are some pictures... Hope you likey & I shall of course post some more once the beds are built & my plants planted!

XOXO




First, some cats... 'cause I just can't help myself. And Lhu's toes are just too cute.



Some Phiphi & Macha snuggly-ness

Now for my porch plants...
Here's our rosemary...

And now proof I didn't totally kill my lavender. T_T My poor plant...



And one of the newest additions, my Holly tree! =D I'm going to get him a nice, BIG pot to live in for the next two or three years. I'm hoping he won't grow too big too quick, so I can plant him on our property when we buy a house. If he does get too big for his new pot (not the one he's in now), we'll plant him up at Britt's parents' house. ^-^


The only one of our roses that survived the winter... At least it was our Lover's Lane... <3


And the indoor plants... Here's our Wandering Jew...


And my Ivy...


And now for our starts! I planted seeds, and look what I got! =D


Here they are on April 27th...


And here again today, May 4th!

Now for Community Garden photos! =D

Here's our fence. We'll be putting some smaller wire on the bottom, as soon as it arrives...


We tacked the metal fencing to the wood with U-shaped nails. They were kinda a pain in the ass to hold, but work wonderfully!


We set the posts by hand & then poured cement into the holes. I have awesome bruises from carrying the posts... XD



Britt came to bring me coffee one day while I was working... I have the best sweety ever. ^-^



Well then! That about sums up what I've been doing lately! And now I'm running late to my garden meeting, so I'll pop back in later & catch up on my blog reading.

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Kitty toes ARE totally cute, but so are both of your faces! And your matching hair, hehe. ;D How sweet of Britt to bring you coffee too, she must know how to keep you building things, lol!!

    Hope things are going great for you two, I've been having a fantabulous Geeky Intergalactic Star Wars Day. We're getting ready to watch Fanboys before bed so I can laugh myself to bed. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there missus! So sorry for not calling by in so long, I've been a very bad blogging buddy indeed :( Especially since the last time I called over hear I think I started off my comment with the same apology...

    Anyway, it looks like you've been on a bit of a rollercoaster! Glad to see you're feeling better than you were in your stressed out post. Sorry again for missing out on those posts...

    Loved this one, by the way! As Danni said, what a cute wee kitty, and what cute wee girlies! Hope you and Britt are well and I promise I won't stay away as long again,

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower,, love your blog beautiful photos and graphics,,

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!