Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, May 08, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

To all of the wonderful women who are moms, whether to humans or animals, here's to YOU! Y'all are amazing & I appreciate each & every one of you. Celebrate today (and everyday!), 'cause you've earned it. ^-^

To my mom, who may or may not even know where to find this post, I love you. You are an amazing and wonderful woman. You've taught me so many things in life & have helped when you could during those tough lessons I had to learn for myself. You have an amazing strength in you, even if you're not aware of it. Looking back over the years, from my now slightly older & hopefully wiser point of view, I am able to appreciate & marvel at all you've done & continue to do.

It was never easy being the wife of a pastor, yet you managed it with grace & humor. You still do & I really don't understand how you do it sometimes. You constantly amaze me.

I've always been thankful that we had such a close relationship. I know that my last year in high school was a challenge especially & the years since I've come out haven't been the easiest for you. But you still love me & I still love you. We've made it work, no matter what.

There are many things I love, simply because you love them too. I am partial to violets & tea pots. I love that blue plaid flannel shirt I 'borrowed' from you in high school. I still have it, even though I rarely wear it anymore, due to several spots being threadbare from how often I wore it. It's still my favorite shirt. I can feel you hugging me when I wear it. Your chicken soup is still my standard for what chicken soup is supposed to taste like. Your Cornish pasty is still my favorite meal. I feel possessed every Winter to buy & set up a miniature village, like the one you've had since I can remember.

You've helped shaped the woman I am & am becoming, even though we are vastly different. I am still blood of your blood. I am your daughter. I am reminded of this in so many ways. From having your pinky toes to writing some of my letters the same as you do.

Mom, I love you & I am always thankful that you were the one who got stuck with me. ^-^ I've never wished for a different mother, and I never will. You are perfect and wonderful. A gift given to me, Tim & Mary Jo. We are the luckiest kids ever.

I hope you're having a wonderful day today & I wish I could be there in person to hug you & tell you how much I love you. It's days like this where a phone call just doesn't cut it for me. Truth be told, phone calls never really cut it, but I'm grateful I'm at least able to talk to you regularly, even if it's not in person.

So... Happy Mother's Day. You are a blessing and a gift, and I love you so very much.



PS... I'm going to try & find that picture of you dressed up in my PVC jacket & Britt's knee high platform boots... you know, the ones with all the buckles? Oh yeah, and the "I'm a badass" look on your face. It was on my fridge before we moved... I think it needs to go back up on the fridge... It made me smile every time I saw it.

5 comments:

  1. Awww, how nice to have such a wonderful relationship with your mom. Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your mom sounds like one outstanding lady and you're lucky to have such a wonderful relationship. Happy momma's day to her and to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful post! it is so lovely to hear of a great mom/daughter relationship!
    hope things have been going well for you...haven't been by in a while ( head in arse) but i hope to catch up with you this week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw! I really do hope you're mum got to read this because it's so, so, sooooo beautiful. What a wonderful mother you must have, and what a wonderful daughter I know she has :) On another note, I have to say catching back up with everyone's posts this week gave me a heart attack scare when I seen all these mother's day posts. Then I remembered we already had MD here. Phew!

    Well my firend, I hope you and Britt are well and having a lovely day.

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a wonderful post. Your mom sounds pretty wonderful indeed! I haven't been a very good commenter lately and wanted to let you know that I was very inspired by your garden post! I'm hoping to do some simple "roof top" gardening here at my new place. I am not very good at keeping things alive, but I really want to grow at least some herbs and tomatoes. At least now I have way more sunshine to work with...

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!