Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Sunday, April 3rd, 2011

Outside my window... It is another grey, Spring day... The deck is mostly dry from yesterday's showers though, so I think I'll take Macha out on the porch to sit with me & drink my coffee.

I am thinking... How nice it is to feel relaxed & calm. I haven't felt like this in weeks. Glorious...

I am thankful for... My cats. I love their love. I love Macha following me around the house. I love her in my lap. I love taking her out to the porch & watching her sniff around all the plants, checking to see if the catnip is big enough to munch upon. I am thankful for the few years I had with Kyo. They weren't nearly long enough, but he taught me what it was like to have a piece of your soul take the shape of a furry cat. He taught me love on a level I'd never loved before. He is missed... And Phiphi who is sweet & wonderful, even though he's a heater hog. And then Lhu (Cthulhu) who keeps me on my toes & is (reluctantly) beginning to realize that he truly does love to snuggle... However, if either of you two, Phiphi & Lhu, ever pull the dominance shit you did the other day & I get marked again, I'll be pissed. Getting cat sprayed, while endearing that you think I'm yours, so does NOT sit well with me. And it made me have to do another load of laundry. You weenies. I love you. Hellspawn... ^_~

From the kitchen... The coffee has just finished perking. The heater is on, as it's a bit chilly this morning, but I'll be turning it off soon. As per usual, there are dishes waiting to be done... but not the usual mountain of them. ^-^

I am wearing... A red hooded, zip-up sweatshirt. The kind that's thin & not terribly warm. The kind you wear outside on a warm night that's not quite warm enough... and my slippers in various shades of purple. I would be wearing my ever present Halloween pj pants, but sadly they're MIA... So alas, I'm not wearing any pants. Ah well... the hoodie & undies are comfy enough.

I am creating... My spell book. The one I was inspired to make after the Practical Magic Blog party. I finally found my bottle of Mod Podge, so I was able to do some much needed Mod Podging on a few of the pages yesterday.

I am going... Nowhere today, and I'm thrilled about it.

I am reading... Michah, by Laurel K. Hamilton. Finally awesome books that are side-splitingly funny, have awesome sex, and are good mysteries to boot.

I am hoping... That this peacefulness stays with me for the rest of the day.

I am hearing... the heater blowing out hot air in the kitchen & Macha, curled on my lap, purring. I'm never quite sure when she's sitting on my if I'm hearing or feeling her purr...

Around the house... All is quiet. Britt went back to bed, Lhu is snuggled happily on the top level of the kitty condo & Phiphi is snuggled as close to the heater as possible. I'm still not sure how he's never caught fire or cooked his innards... Perhaps he's part fire sprite or something...

One of my favorite things... is sitting outside on my porch, surrounded by my plants & Macha, sipping coffee in the morning or something cold in the afternoons... I can't wait to have my porch filled with greenery & flowers again!

A few plans for the rest of the week: My classes began again Thursday, so there is homework to be done. Today I'm going to be cleaning up the house some more & perhaps I'll get in a solitary game of Arkham Horror... Britt starts nursing school this week, so that will be another change to get used to. I've also got an article I need to write today for a newsletter about the community garden we're working on.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

This is Kyo. ^-^ And I think that the foot is Britt's... Yup. That's the little piece (big piece...) of my soul that manifested into a kitty cat. Love you & miss you my Kyo-kun.

Thanks as always to the wonderful woman who started this:
http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Such a peaceful and beautiful post. I wish I was looking out on a simply grey Spring day...alas it is raining/wet snowing and cold... I was hoping to get my new project underway today as well (new flower garden) oh well, hopefully Spring officially and permanently emerges soon.
    Kyo is a beautiful soul for sure. Your Phiphi sounds a lot like my brother-in-law's cat. If he's been outside and it's chilly and we've been able to keep th furnace stoked he lays right across the main vent in the kitchen LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great day! I'm intrigued by a "practical magic blog party"... may have to read more of your blog to find out what that was!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love these posts of yours, they leave me feeling like I've actually been over visiting you :) Oh, and I just adore Kyo and I'm sorry he's not with you anymore. I've had several cats love and leave me over the years, and it never gets any easier. Maybe that's why I don't have one at the minute. Though looking at that fluffy fat little guy gives me the urge to change that!

    Anyway, hope you are well my friend and have a lovely day!

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!