Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Tuesday, March 8th, 2011

Outside my window... The sky is grey, but dry for the moment. I see the lingering raindrops on the empty metal baskets on my porch railings. Everything looks quiet, grey & green...

I am thinking... That I often forget how much I love & need my solitude. How different I am now from the child I was raised as. How much the same my parents are. How I wish they lived closer, yet am thankful that I was given the opportunity to find myself & my path by them moving away seven years ago.

I am thankful for... Women. Today is International Women's Day & the 100th anniversary at that. I am thankful for all the wonderful, strong, powerful women I know both in person & online. You all inspire me.

From the kitchen... Is silence. The heater just turned off, the coffee pot quietly keeps my liquid life-force warm & all is still.

I am wearing... my orange Halloween PJ pants with the black cats & pumpkins on them & my second favorite plaid flannel shirt. One I stole from my dad in high school... ^-^

I am creating... a surprise for a friend. It's almost finished...

I am going... a little nuts. I just got over a cold (possibly the flu...) & am sick again. I've never been sick so much as I have this Winter. Half of me just wants to hide in bed while the other half wants to run around & do stuff. I'm making my sides compromise by not going back to bed, but staying home & studying. Benefits all around...

I am reading... the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series. Aaaaaaand I love it! Funniest shit I've read in a while. And she writes good sexual tension/sex scenes. She also writes about topics that most fiction writers won't touch with a 10 foot pole, yet she does it in a way that's not sensational. I love these books. Edward/Ted Forrester is my favorite character... =D

I am hoping... That all the people I know who are searching for jobs are able to find good jobs soon! Y'all know who you are, and you're all in my thoughts! ^-^

I am hearing... The train whistle as it comes through town. The clock on the wall ticking away the moments. The buzzing that the lights make when they're on. My neighbors thumping & thudding around on the other side of the wall. Traffic driving up & down the street.

Around the house... The kitties are asleep & I'm the only one home. Britt's visiting her sister & nephew, my dad is out at a coffee shop & I'm blessedly home alone.

One of my favorite things... is blogging. I never thought when I began that I would love this so much. Not only do I have my own little corner of the aether to ramble in, I have met so many awesome people through blogging, that my life is much richer, much fuller than it was before.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have a lab report & an exam in Microbiology tomorrow morning. I have a research paper & an exam in A & P II Thursday afternoon. Also on Wednesday, I take my dad to the airport to head home right after class that morning. I have a meeting that evening for the community garden & then I start my seven day work stretch that night. At least I can sleep when I'm dead, right? o_O

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

One of my all time favorite anime, Mobile Suit Gundam Wing was my obsession for the last two years of high school. My friends & I even cosplayed the characters at our first anime convention. I am a shameless fan girl & love to read good fan fiction. ^-^
I printed out pics & plastered them to the walls ceiling of my bedroom in high school as well. Apparently I'm feeling nostalgic today, so I think I'm going to go re-read some of my favorite fics now... ^-^

Come join The Simple Woman's Daybook! Clickety the link below:

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Being fully home alone is such blessed time for me. I can clean, do my crafty stuffs, or just play music and read or draw without interruption. I've missed it these past weeks since the father-in-law has been laid off.
    hehe I went for an interview today, it went awesome so here's hoping.

    LOL I adore a few animes and mangas, top being Death Note, Hellsing, and XXHolic. I have up to vol 10 of Death Note and up to 5 of XXHolic. Use to have the first 3 of Hellsing but highschool bf stole them >.>

    Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Alone....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, isn't it fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh of contentment... Another beautiful moment.
    I too love some nice time of solitude.
    So sorry to hear you are sick. This has not been an easy winter in that regard at all...
    Thank you for those comments you left me recently. Having kindness and support in these corners we create means the world to me.
    Happy International Women's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yippe for nostalgia! I always liked anime but never managed to get into it myself, though I always say to myself I'm going to. I've a cousin in Australia who's only 15 and apparently she's making a bit of a name for herself with her anime drawing, though she'll never tell me where to find her on the web! She's a shy little soul.

    Anyway, great post once again missus! Sounds like you've another busy week ahead. You put me to shame with all you're working and studying, I was like you once but at the minute I'm nothing but a big slacker :( Also, hurray for women's day! Though I have to admit I didn't pay it much attention. I don't have my head in the clouds and I realise it's still a tough, tough world for a lot of women all over the world, but I find it very sad that we still need an International Women's Day in the 21st century. As a male friend of mine said yesterday "Does that mean every other day is men's day?" He was joking but that about summed it up for me. Anway, this is neither the time of the place for me to start ranting...

    Hope you are having a lovely day and that the rain stayed away!

    Roisin x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been criticized for loving and enjoying my me moments. I always say those days I spend with myself help me grow a great deal; they keep me grounded.

    I just finished reading "Bullet"!

    Happy International Women's Day dear! I'm going to check out your suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for suggesting The Simple Woman's Daybook. What an inspiration overload!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, Gundam Wing. I still own the series on DVD, you know. We should marathon it on of these weekends when we've all got some time off. It's not a terribly long series - less than 50 episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being home alone is an awesome treat, like a holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!