Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

A simple woman's daybook

February 9th (I forgot it was Tuesday yesterday... and since I haven't been to bed yet, it's still my Tuesday...)

Outside my window... it's dark & very cold. The clear skies have made for super chilly days & nights, but I think the break in the rain is wonderful.

I am thinking... of all the things I wanted to do but didn't get to on my days off... I accomplished quite a bit, so I'm trying to not be disappointed that there's not more hours in a day. And trying to not regret that I eventually have to sleep...

I am thankful for... my tax return. It helped me get caught up on bills & get all of Britt's school expenses for the coming quarter taken care of. I cannot even begin to describe the immense relief I feel.

From the kitchen... comes the sounds of Lhu nomming his kitty kibble, while half-way perching in his food dish. Britt's making refried beans & Phiphi's trying to see just how close he can sit to the heater before he spontaneously combusts.

I am wearing... jeans & a brown long john shirt... I love long johns... They make me immensely happy. On my feet are purple hiking socks from REI... I am in love with their socks.

I am creating... a spell for a friend.

I am going... to bed as soon as I start the spell... then to school in the morning & to work tomorrow night.

I am reading... still the text books... but I've become obsessed with the Anita Blake vampire hunter series by Laurell K. Hamilton. I've burned through four books in as many days. They're awesome & hilarious. ^-^ I also got The Queen of Swords in the mail today... I am in love with Judy Grahn. She writes her words directly on my heart. She speaks them to my soul. This is the second book in her Queens quartet. The Queen of Wands is the first. Read them. They're magic.

I am hoping... that I can chill out enough to go to sleep & that my new pillow helps with my neck pain & headaches... even just a little.

I am hearing... the fan over the stove going full blast... apparently there was something below the burner when Britt turned it on... o_O

Around the house... kitties lounge about, Britt is eating beans & I'm typing & watching Lhu play "King of the Mountain" on the new kitty condo. ^-^

One of my favorite things... was seeing my sister-in-law's face when we brought over the baby bouncy play seat thingy for Triston. It was like a little kid at Christmas. I love to get her things for the baby, and it's like getting her a present as well. ^-^

A few plans for the rest of the week: School, work, house-cleaning, reading & perhaps crafting... I'm hoping I find my crafty mojo, wherever it may be hiding... I'm rather missing it as of late...

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


Inanna... The Queen of Swords is a modern retelling of her journey to the Underworld & return again.

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful post as usual my dear :) Sounds like all is going well at the moment, and don't worry about not getting things done. I think if the day was 50 hours long we'd still feel it wasn't long enough. As long as you enjoyed whatever it was you did do, then none of it was a waste of time :) LOVE that picture, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for tax returns! I need to get mine done this weekend. I love this style of posting you have been doing lately. They fill me with a sense of contentment that is often all but absent in the blogosphere.
    These brisk winter days are some of my favorites! The last two mornings on my little walk to work I get to see Mt Rainier sparkling and majestic in the the sunrise. It is the perfect start to a day.
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!