Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, February 28, 2011

Goblins!!!!

Started and finished (woohoo!) my first of probably many goblin dolls. ^-^

I adore him. He's not your average goblin, however... he fell in love with my miniature rose at first sight & demanded that he be allowed to guard her from the kitties (who occasionally try to nom her...).

Sure... Why not? I think he'll make an excellent rose guard... and he simply adores her to the point that he doesn't even make the tiniest bit of mischief for me! All he does all day & night is sing to her & play his tiny accordion. It's the cutest thing you ever saw... ^-^

I had planned on making him some clothes, but after a long debate with Nix (that would be the goblin, mind you) & a discussion with Danni about her goblins' clothing preferences, I decided to just give in & let him run around nekkid...

Hell, I run around my house nekkid most the time, why shouldn't he? o_O

Anywho... Here's some pictures of Nix. I'll try to get a picture of him singing to his rose when the sun (yes, SUN!!! =D) isn't shining at the window. ^-^


I'm off now to poke a few blogs & then go to bed 'cause I gotta work tonight. Hope y'all have a spectacular Monday! ^-^

XOXO

7 comments:

  1. I love, love, love him! What a wonderful wee goblin friend and already in love, *sigh* they grow up so fast! :)

    P.S. How did you do his jointing? The little beads are so clever and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he's too cute, and definitely sounds like the perfect rose guard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What they said!!! He's so amazing! And I reckon no clothes are needed, he's perfect just how he is and why would you want to cover that up. I think his budding (get it? sorry) romance with the rose is super cute too. Very sweet :) Well, hope you and the missus are well my friend! Oh, and it's actually Tuesday here so so HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It's rude to ask a lady her age (apparently!) but no matter what it is I can identify with how you feel. Life really does slip away so quickly... Listen to me, you'd swear we were too auld grannies approaching our twilight years or something. Anyway, have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so cool! You did an awesome job on him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday girlfriend. Hope it's a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, he's fantastic!! love his accordian!
    i think nekkid is better for goblins, anyway!
    hope all is well - we're in the middle of mardi gras, so it's kinda nutso here...but good!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!