Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Friday, January 21, 2011

Warning: Whinning Below.

Some days I feel like I'm clawing my way up a glass mountain... Today is one of those days.

I'm feeling like I'll never get caught up on my bills, my house work, my home work, my life in general.

I'm feeling frustrated, because all I want to do is just be quiet. To be still. To wait for my Self to wake back up, stretch & go about the things I like to do. But those who love me are worried that I'm getting more depressed (which I'm not), because I'm not doing "all the things I usually like to". I totally understand why this is a concern, but feeling pressured to do things simply for the sake of doing something, instead of nothing, is making me feel like I'm drowning or being smothered. However, I am in full agreement that spending as much time in bed as I have been is not so great. So I'm going to have to work on finding that elusive balance between listening to what my body is telling me it wants (quiet & rest) and being lazy. I think once I have this worked out, things will get back on track.

And now that I've got that out, I think that there's house work & home work to be worked on & bills to either be paid or arranged to be paid.

I also need to go buy some more lavender & take another bath...

But before I do anything, I'm going to drink some koffee & take some advil for this damn headache. And then I'm going to focus on chilling the fuck out & just breathing. I'll be ok, I know I will. And perhaps I'll do some spinning... few things zen me like spinning.

Well then. We have a plan. Put PJs & slippers on, take advil, drink koffee & spin. Sounds good to me. ^-^ And I feel a bit better already.

3 comments:

  1. It's harder for other people around us when we act differently than they are used to. Everytime I make a change....I notice a response in my family. Adjustments.

    Here's to hoping your headache gets better....how about rubbing some lavender oil on your temples?

    Caffeine + Advil = headache buster.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you sweetheart, on the neverending mountain of shit that needs doing as well as needing to get our asses the hell out of bed. I doubt it's depression since there's no unhappiness, but a killer combination of spreading ourselves too thin, stress and this bone chilling dampness.

    I hope your headache is better and balance come your way soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annalee! It's been ages since I called in, sorry :( I was going to ask how you were, but I see you're having one of those days. Poor thing. If you can squeeze in the time, and the weather's not too miserable, I totally advise a wee wander by yourself. I was feeling pretty similar to you today until I went for a little walk; it really does do wonders for clearing ones head! But only if you go alone, you need the silence to get in some good day dreaming ;) Anyway, I hope you feel better soon. Being a grown up really sucks at times, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!