Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Rainy Saturday & the Inverted Yule Tree

It's chilly too. My friend told me that it snowed a wee bit this morning after she got off work. I'm choosing to believe that she was hallucinating...

o_O

Anywho. The bread I made yesterday was simply fantastic. It was hailed as the best bread I've ever made. EVER. And it was eaten... all of it. So now I'm about to make more biga, so I can make more bread. ^-^

The soup is supremely tasty too, and I only have three containers left from the big-ass pot I made... I think I'll be making more soup on Tuesday, probably. I never did get the chicken into this pot, as there wasn't enough room once I added the dried beans, rice, tortellini & veggies... lol...

My sleeping hours are all out of whack, though, so I think I'll head back to bed until Britt gets up & then stay up the rest of the night with her. I hate it when we have different sleeping hours... bleh... My only problem is that I'm not really sleepy... So perhaps I'll stay up. I don't know.

All I've been wanting to do is make xmas ornaments... After much debate & insistence on my part, we decided to have a Yule tree. YES! Only thing is, my cats are such beasts that they would shred it in pretty short order. What to do? Hang it upside-down from the ceiling of course! XD

I'm really excited. Naturally, it's not going to be a live tree, but a fake one. I'm going to figure out how to make the branches fold the opposite way they do, and then presto! Happy Yule to me.

I promise I'll post pics whenever it gets put up. But it definitely will not be until after Thanksgiving. Alrighty then... I'm off to felt ornaments for my Yule tree-to-be.

^-^

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. i have my 2 day biga fermenting and bread baking is tomorrow! sometime let it ferment for more than 24 hours. the taste is much better! there is an old german tradition to hang the tree horizontally across the ceiling. i have seen many of them and they are really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the problem with our cats and have just taken to using a piece of fishing line to fix the top of the tree to the ceiling so that it can't be knocked over. We also put the tree up on a table so the cats don't notice it as much when they walk by bottom branches. So far it's worked but it may not work for every cat. We've only lost a couple of ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I can't wait to see an inverted tree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your bread turned out nicely. All of Jaz's recipes look amazing, so it was bound to be great. I made some soup today too - red lentil with mint. It's a Turkish soup. Wonderful on a chilly day!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!