Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, September 02, 2010

Tub 'o' Tea

Hmmmm... all is quiet. Britty's napping, as her meeting tired her right out. Before she went to bed, she took a bath... which turned into a tub of tea.

After hearing her wish (which, naturally, is my command) for lavender bath smelly-goodness, I promptly grabbed my HUGE dish of dried lavender flowers & sprinkled a goodly amount into her bubble bath.

It improved the smell immensely.

I then rummaged around in my herb drawer & found my dried rose buds, which & added to her bath as well. Followed by some dried chamomile.

After soaking for a bit, she was then showered with some dried rose petals from our very own roses. As she & the herbs soaked (for quite some time, at that), the bath bubbles dissolved leaving tea colored water that smelled just heavenly!

I offered to put everything in a bag next time, as she was covered head to toe in fragrant, herb-y loveliness, but she won't hear of it!

She said it was the most entertaining bath she's taken since she was five... ^-^

And now she sleeps... as do the kitties... Lhu, naturally, is on the pile of clean clothes I was attempting to fold... ^-^

He's so helpful when it comes to holding down those feisty clothes, to keep them from running off...

Getting ready to make the stem for my latest pumpkin & then it'll be finished & placed in my kitchen window. ^-^

Well then... off to felt the stem & then who knows? Mayhap I'll pull out my box of paper crafting tidbits & art journal a bit.

Happy crafting, my lovelies...

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. The best bath since I was five - too sweet! Lavender is a girl's best friend, I always say! And my cats always find the clean laundry too....sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. This sounds like the BEST thing ever! I have a bunch of dried lavender right now so I am definitely going to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!