Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Aurora seeking...

Heading out to the county to see if we can see the Aurora Borealis tonight with Heather & Britt. Have I ever mentioned how much I love mobile posting? =D

Update... 0251
Um, I think we may have seen a bit of the lights, but then again it may have just been the Lynden/Sumas city lights... o_O

Had a nice time driving around with Heather, Britt & Crystal though.

We parked a few times on deserted country roads & spread our blankets beneath the velvety black sky. We met up with Grace on the outskirts of Lynden to see if we could see the lights better.

I watched the moon come up, a glorious, bloody-red sickle in the sky. Watched her rise higher & higher, til she shone down on us from above, bathing us in dark golden beams.

I gazed at stars I usually can't see due to the city lights, and loved every minute we were outside. Why don't I do this stuff more often? I think I shall have to start...

1 comment:

  1. And again, more fantastic imagery! I haven't seen the moon in weeks either! And as for the northern lights, I haven't seen them in years. When only get them every so often here, but when we do it's spectacular. I live by an inlet of the ocean surrounded by hills and mountains and the sight of the aurora above all that is breathtaking. The last time I actually seen it was the night my fiance and I first moved in together. That six years ago now, oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!