Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Saturday, July 03, 2010

W00t...

So. As I was sitting at my table this afternoon, happily watching anime, I felt suddenly possessed to go for a run.

o_O

Yes, well, that's what I thought too, so I told myself, "Perhaps later... When it's a bit cooler..." and settled back into my anime.

*pokepokepoke...*

Yup... My little demon was back, prodding, whining & wheedling to go outside & run around Lake Padden... Something I used to be able to do. Without stopping. Yep.

So, due to this little entity in running shoes, brandishing her pitchfork, relentlessly begging to go outside, I did the only thing I could...

I dug out my running clothes, laced up my beloved (yet neglected...) running shoes & went for a run. Which turned into a brisk walk... ^-^

As I said before, I used to be able to run the 2.6 miles with no problem... as I sit now, I'm having to work my way back up from the bottom of the hill again, so to speak. I think I ran about a quarter of a mile before I stopped... lolz... I did make it all the way up that damn hill though, so I'm not going to complain too terribly much... ^-^

Sigh. It's hard for me to not dwell on the "what ifs" sometimes... It frustrates me to know that if I hadn't given up last time, I'd be in that much better shape & that much healthier now instead in worse shape & decidedly unhealthier than before.

BUT!

I'm not going to let this get me down. ^-^ I'm going to keep on trucking along, because who knows? This time I may actually stick with it & meet my goals for healthiness. I'm hoping so... I'm putting all my positive energy into this time around. ^-^

And even though I'm sore & achy, I feel really good that I got my chubby buns out there & went for it. Go me! =D

Alrighty... Now I'm off to visit some tea parties before I get ready to go to work. Hope y'all are having a good night! ^-^

1 comment:

  1. Annalee~ I understand the whole running/exercising/ lets get out there and burn some calories!!!

    God, I hate it!!!

    When my husband, sister and brother in law went to Montana we stopped in the only restaurant in Ritzville... A fe years ago. I so wanted to buy an old building with all the "cool" stuff inside.....

    You should really take a week-end and go over there ~even if it's just for the fun~

    Safe 4th... we don't do anything!!!! LOL
    Pat

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!