Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The stars are out & the moon is bright!

Mmmmm... Sitting out here on my porch, surrounded by my plants with the starlight shinning down on me... it doesn't get better than this.

I've been thinking all day (for the past few days really) about things I'm excited for in the future. I've been contemplating turning our not as sunny side of our porch into a green house for tomatoes & such. They seem to be doing ok this year, but I think they'd be even better in a green house... Hmmm... I'm going to have to do some 'How to build yourself a greenhouse' research... ^-^

I've been thinking about nursing school too, and worrying about having to conform to their standards of dress, hair & basic lack of anything individuating me from anyone else. I've gotten better at this due to my current job, but it still makes me incredibly unhappy to have to try & fit myself into someone else's mold. I'll do it for two years, however, in order to give myself & Britt a better life & better security. It's only two years... I can do anything for two years... right?

Sitting out here surrounded by such lovely plants, I can't worry too much at the moment. It's so nice, albeit a bit chilly, but I'm not complaining. ^-^

I'm nervous about my parents coming to visit this weekend. I know we'll have fun & I'm excited to see them, but still nervous. Which brings me to a close here, because I really need to get inside & clean some more... I took a wee break to come out & enjoy the night air, but the dishes aren't going to do themselves (wouldn't that be nice???) and my living room still looks like a tornado dumped crafting stuff all over the place. Ok, it's not that bad, but still needs a bit of picking up. ^-^

Hoping everyone is having a wonderful night & I hope the morning is sunny & warm! ^-^

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful visit with your parents. And yes, you can do anything for 2 years if you are working towards a goal you really want to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather have a porch evening that a cleaning one, but sometimes we have to do the crap stuff - especially if the parents are coming!

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you conjure up such a lovely image in this post. It's been raining here for what feels like forever and I haven't seen the stars for weeks :(

    Good luck with all your school work. Didn't realise you were studying nursing- you go missy! I always said I would love to be a nurse but I just don't have the vocation in me. (The main reason being that I'm just not good with bodily fluids!) I have three aunts who are nurses, and my mum used to be one, so I know how tough but rewarding the work can be. Plus, I spent a bit of time in hospital followed by daily home visits by a nurse for months last year and I have an even greater respect for the profession since.

    Stick it out 'cause I honestly believe it's one of the most noble and amazing professions out there. The two years will fly by. And just think of the places it will take you and the impact you will be able to have on people's lives once your done. Keep your chin up 'cause it'll be all worth it in the end!

    Oh, and good luck with the parents coming to stay! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!