Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Friday, July 02, 2010

Face the Fire (then turn to the Sun)

I'm in love with abandoned buildings, towns, houses, etc. One of my fav blogs to visit is

http://rustytagliareni.blogspot.com/

He is fortunate enough to live in an area rich with old, forgotten things that are just waiting to be rediscovered.

In this same vein, I ran across This... I found it both beautiful & deeply disturbing. It's a story told in pictures (with captions from the photographers) of Chernobyl... It brings to light that so much more was lost that day than just a nuclear power plant.

It's also a reminder that, to quote Dan Fogelberg's song about Three Mile Island, we need to face the fire & turn to the sun...

No amount of power, energy, money, etc. is worth the toll that is exacted when things go awry with nuclear energy.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, those are some truly amazing photos. They're eerie and quiet, definitely the portrait of a ghost city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Annalee I love that song by Dan Fogelberg.. and I've seen those disturbing/beautiful photo's.
    Now I'm going to see the rustytag... I love rust!!!

    Growing up in Montana there were "ghost" towns we would go poke around in....

    Have you ever been to Ritzville WA? Lot's of old abandon building there!

    Thanks for your comments on my blog : )

    Happy safe 4th!
    Pattee

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!