Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Finished!!! =D

So my spirit doll is finally finished & hung on the wall! ^-^

YAY!!!

Here's some pics whilst in process as well as when finished...




^ The face with the eyes drying nearby...



^A closer look at the eyes. They're half pearl buttons dipped in paint. I ended up painting them black after I'd painted her face... ^-^



^And here's the stick I found on the beach while at Deception Pass. I saw it & new it was meant to come home with me & be part of a doll. ^-^



^My sweet potato was kind enough to hold my doll's hair before it was attached to her head. What a nice potato... ^-~



Aaaaaaaaaaannddd because I just adore my cats (even when they look possessed... O_o;)



^ Phiphi in the back, Lhu & Macha in front. *SnuggleSnuggleSnuggle...*



^ Finished! I hung her on my kitchen wall by my shelves. ^-^



^Close up of her body. Shells & sea glass...



^Close up of her face. I wanted to do some facial wrinkles, but they're not as easy as they look like they'd be... T_T
Perhaps upon practicing more, I shall master this skill...

I'm extremely happy with how she turned out. ^-^

Now, it's time for tea & recipe transcribing...

...and plotting & planning for the Tea Party!!! = D

And I need to go water my plants... Then I shall plot & plan. ^-^

Have a supremely wonderful day my darlings!

7 comments:

  1. She's absolutely great. So wise and protective looking. And your cats, well they're great too. Seeing your pics of them makes pine for my missing George...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You did a really fantastic job. It looks great. :) And I love the kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I absolutely LOVE HER!!! Job well done! :D I can't wait to come over and see her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's what I would say "perfect"!!!
    She turned out so awesome...

    I love your cats as well : )
    Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  5. she's fantastic!
    i'm not good at wrinkles either, but i after a little experimentation with the clay i have found that if it is partially dry, it's easier to carve - making better wrinkles. but, like you, i'm still learning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's GORGEOUS! I'd whisk her away to live with me in a heartbeat!

    I can't wait for your tea party. :) Also, I can't believe I somehow missed clicking your follow button! D'oh. Well, I suppose it's better late than never. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is so funny! and oooh, what a lovely cats you have!

    ReplyDelete

Out with it!