Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Medicinal carrots... that I'm keeping... for a friend...

If you've seen the first season of Dollhouse, you might recognize this as part of the conversation between Alpha (posing as Steven Kepler, the genius behind the dollhouses) & the FBI agent, whose name currently escapes me. Anywho, at another point in the conversation, Alpha points out how completely asinine it is that we celebrate an "Earth Day" once a year, since we reside here 365-366 days EVERY year... He jokes that once we've become extinct, the Earth will have a "Humans Day" perhaps once a year to commemorate how awful most people were... This struck me as rather profound. I hoped to post the video clip (it's awesome) but Hulu took it down & I can't find it anywhere else at the moment. It made me think quite a bit though on how absolutely ridiculous it is that there is only ONE DAY A YEAR dedicated to "Being green" & the Earth. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that there's at least one day dedicated to this, but seriously... EVERY DAY needs to be Earth Day, or we as a species are royally fucked (not to put too fine a point on it...). I'm no where near perfect in this area, but I'm working on it. I hope we all are. I found this small bit of conversation in a TV show to be my epiphany & inspiration to live better & take better care of our Mother. Be inspired today! Happy Earth Day, today & every day!!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!