Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Friday!

Sigh… Here’s to hoping today is void of less-than-great surprises… Yesterday had more than it’s fair share. After triple trouble, running around trying to get financial aid shit worked out and going to class, Britt & I did the only thing we could do... Stumble from the car to the house, strip off our clothes & go to bed. We slept like the dead...

Anywho… Britt’s not feeling so great again, and I think I’m getting a cold. Thank goodness for cold medicine (the good shit too… ^-^), Echinacea & tea! Along with new EA music, books & kitties, we should manage quite well. ^-^

I’m currently picking my way through five books right now. Usually I try to stick to just one, but I’ve made an exception this time, for no particular reason. The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel, Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil, The Way of the Green Witch, Hedge Witch and Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen.

The Private Papers of Eastern Jewel is awesome. Written by Maureen Lindley, it chronicles the life of a Chinese princess named Eastern Jewel. Based on a real life woman, this story is beyond belief amazing. Read it!

Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil is by John Berendt, and is fucking awesome. I love it even more than I love the movie, which is a considerable amount. ^-^ It makes me giggle & squee, and occasionally cackle… loudly… If you haven’t read it yet, DO SO IMMEDIATELY.

The Way of the Green Witch is by the same author that wrote The Way of the Hedge Witch, Arin Murphy-Hiscock. Hedge Witch is by Silver Ravenwolf & Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Wicca in the Kitchen is by Scott Cunningham. Although I’m not Wiccan, I’ve still found many of Cunningham’s books interesting & informative. I’m having a bit harder of a time getting into this book by Murphy-Hiscock than I did with her last book. I’m not quite sure as to why… And Silver Ravenwolf… ah what to say, what to say… I’m trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, but the beginning of her book reads kind of like a tacky self help book… “I turned my life around & did it in two weeks, you can too!!!”

O_o;

As I said though, I’m giving her the benefit of the doubt & am going to finish the book & reserve further judgment for afterward. I learn something from everything I read, and I’m sure her book will prove no different… I hope…

There will be crafting today & tonight as well. I’m going to finish the letters to my parents, so I can get them sent off. I’m doing my part in reviving the lost art of letter writing. Grace is doing her part too… ^-^ Between us, we shall save it!!! Ahem.

Today is also “Soup & Bread Making Day”… or perhaps evening or night, as once I begin, I can’t leave the house for a few hours until it’s done. Britty & I chopped up the meat yesterday, so all I have to do today is chop veggies & soak the dried goods a bit. Oh yes, and download DruidCast #35, as that is what I listen to when I make soup. ^-^

Well then... I'm off to download podcasts, play with my cats & read a bit more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!