Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Monday, November 16, 2009

Soup, bread & Koffee

Made another HUGE pot of soup today. Used chicken this time, as well as rice, barley, lentils, black beans, celery, a rutabaga, a parsnip, a turnip, red potatoes, Button mushroom, Crimini mushrooms & Oyster mushrooms. I am excited for it to be finished! I tried a new bread recipe today as well. It's in the oven & should be done in about a half hour. I usually try to make soup on my days off, as it takes me quite a while to get everything washed, chopped & into the pot before I can simmer it for... a while. But as my next day off this week is Wednesday, I figured today is as good as any to get it made!

I may actually have to make more broth to add to it... I added kinda a lot of stuff to this batch. We'll have to see.

Wondering if my doll patterns will come today... Probably not, but I'm still hoping. ^_^

It's insanely windy still, and on & off rainy. I walked to the store this morning, and it was a wonderful walk. I should have brought a different bag with me to carry my groceries home in, but at least I'll know for next time! Lolz... It only rained on me a little, which was nice.

Bought new Koffee creamer last night. After standing in front of the creamer section for 20 or so minutes hemming & hawing over which kind I should get, I decided to be adventurous & try something new... Woohoo! So I got Chocolate Rasberry... OMFG... It is so good, I could just keel over. : D

Yay for being adventurous... ^_^

I've had such a nice morning (a bit of afternoon too...), that I so badly just don't want to go to work today. Bleh. I really hate working evening shifts, as I have to staff the Hospital twice. Hopefully the trend from this weekend will continue, and we'll be well staffed & everything will be just peachy. I'm hoping! ^_^ Oh well. Whatever kind of evening it may be, I know I'll make sure it's a good one. I'm getting pretty good at not letting my job stress me out or put me in a foul mood... or both. ^_^

Well, I'm out of koffee & need both hands to refil my cup, so until later (probably tonight???), have a wonderful day & blessed be!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!