Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pumpkin Carving!!! ^_^

So I finally carved my pumpkin today... Yes, I am fully aware that Halloween was almost two weeks ago... But I didn't get to carve it that night, so it's been sitting in my kitchen all forlorn like, until I decided that TODAY would be the day. And what a day it was. It took me five hours (I shit you not... O_o;) to start & finish this pumpkin. My fingertips are sore & raw from holding the carving nib in them, as I couldn't find the pen they screw into...
-_- #...
Oh well. I'm really not complaining!!! I'm happier 'n a pig in mud with how my beloved pumpkin turned out. Now, without further ado, here are some (read: A shit load...) of pics! Huzzah!!!

First, though, before the pumpkins, Me & Lhu... nap time... ^___^



The difference in seed sizes, shapes, etc... On the right, your average pumpkin seed. On the left, a seed from my blue-ish green pumpkin.



Oooooo... Pretty colors... 0_0



Pretty-ness, nyo... I love how the rind is light blue-ish, green-ish grey, the under layer is deep teal & the flesh is yellow then golden orange. Hey, I'm easy to please...


Above shot to see her head band.



Side view of the fan... Her hand & the snakes were the hardest.



Side view of her head...


Macha... lmao...


Machaness...


Aaaaand more pumpkin pics... ^_______^









I'm beginning to worry that I'll not be able to cut her up for bread & pie... I suppose I will in the morning. I think I'm done for the night... As soon as the bread's out of the oven, I'm heading to bed. I'm a sleepy miich. I'd originally planned to make dolls today, but the pumpkin took far longer than I anticipated... So dolls will be for tomorrow. Well, later today, technically. Off to cross stitch until bread is done. Or maybe sleep in between letting the dough rise & baking... hmmmmm... I think sleep...

1 comment:

Out with it!