Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Friday, October 16, 2009

These skulls are gonna kill me... o_o;

I've been painting the colours on my little skull beads for about... 3 - 3 1/2 hours. I have eight of them done, and 18 more to go... meep. I was hoping to post pictures of the ones I have finished, but the lighting in my living room is so horrid, that I'll have to wait until the morning. Oh well... we'll all survive. The painting was going super slow at first, but now that I kind of have an idea of what I want them to look like, things are going a wee bit faster (but not much... lolz). I don't mind the time it's taking though. I'm taking the oportunity to catch up on episodes of my favourite podcast, DruidCast... hosted by Damh the Bard, available via iTunes or at http://druidry.org/. I absolutely LOVE this podcast! Although Druidry is not my particular path, I find the music wonderful & the interviews interesting. My favourite interview so far isn't actually an interview, but rather a paper in two parts written & read by Professor Ronald Hutton. His paper is entitled History of Modern Druidry, and is piss your pants funny. It's divided between episodes 16 & 17, and if you have two hours to spare, you should definitely download & listen to this paper. It is AWESOME. ^_^ Well then... I'm off to paint another bead or two, and then I'm off to bed to read a bit before I try to sleep. I'm attempting to read The Anubis Gates by Tim Powers, but haven't had much success in starting it, due to my current inability to just sit still & READ. All I've wanted to do lately is craft, which is all well & good, but I have two other books waiting after I've finished this one. The Glass Books of the Dream Eaters by an author whose name escapes me & The Fifth Sacred Thing by Starhawk are next on my To Read List. With that in mind, I think I'll call it a night on the beads & dive right into my book. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!