Archive

Hey there, so glad you popped by! I've moved to a new address, however, and you can find my new blog at: The Weaver's Apprentice as of Monday, January 26, 2015. I hope you'll come visit me there! See you soon! XOXO

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Autumn Cleaning

So far, cleaning is going well. We've made a huge dent in the clutter, and the cats are making the most of all the new room to tear around like Azatoth himself is chasing them... XD Britt's not feeling so hot, due to massive cramping (as I'm sure everyone totally wanted to know...), so I'm trying to convince her to take it easy & let me do stuff. No luck yet. She did lay down to snuggle Phiphi for a bit, so I guess that's better than nothing. I wish she'd drink some moontime tea... no luck here either, as it tastes like hell... Oh well. I'll make her some as soon as she wants.
I made the best pot of koffee EVER... So. Tasty. And it's just normal koffee. Miich. Britt's working on the dishes & the kitchen so I can get in there sometime tonight & make soup & bake some bread. I'm going to make another huge pot of soup! So excited... I enjoyed myself so much last time. ^_^ I listened to three or four DruidCasts last time. ^_^ I think I'll make two loaves tonight. One for meals and one with cinnamon swirl for breakfast... Mmmmm...
I'm so excited to have the next three days off! We were supposed to go to SteamCon this weekend, but decided not to, as we didn't have costumes. I'm super excited to be staying home and getting some awesome crafting time in. And some good reading done. The Anubis Gates is so good so far. I'm having a nice time leisurly picking through it.
Listening to Damh the Bard's album The Hills They are Hollow. I love it. I can't wait til next Friday, when I get his newest album, The Cauldron Born.

I decided what to be for Haloween this year... I'm going to dress as my version of Santa Muerte... I detest painting my face, so I'm going to paint one of the paper mache masks I've made to look like a sugar skull and then wear vaguely traditional Santa Muerte garb. I'm excited. I bought silk flowers today to put in my hair. I also bought two gourds to use on my altar, then I'm going to dry them & make them into rattles. I'm going to try things a bit differently this time around. When I'm done using them as decorations, I'm going to cut open the bulbous part, clean out all the seeds & gunk and then cover them with salt for the next 6-12 months. I'm hoping this works better... We'll have to see.
Britty found the most perfect picture frame for Kyo's picture for my Dia de los Muertos altar. It's neon pink with little fishy skeletons around the frame. It's perfect. So happy... ^-^
I'm going to get a plain frame and paint it for Aunty Mel's picture. And I think I have one for my Bumpa & Nanna... but it's kinda small, so I may just save it for something else... I'll have to see.

Anywho! Now that I've had a nice little break to post this, it's back to work! If we do get any visits from loved ones this Samhain or Dia de los Muertos, I want my house to be comfortable & not clutered. Now to refill my koffee cup... Off I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Out with it!